|Build your future with WSP Opus
WSP Opus is a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Based in our Hamilton office, this position is responsible for leading and growing a team of five, who are critical to the smooth operation of the business and ensuring exception administration delivery. The Business Support Services team support an office of 400 people which means this role involves multitasking, people and leadership skills along with sound problem solving capabilities. We are looking for a confident team player who can demonstrate lots of initiative and brings a positive, flexible and adaptable attitude and a great sense of humour.
What we are looking for:
- Work with a friendly, vibrant & collaborative team
- Lead and assist with the efficient operation of the Business Support Services team
- Event management of internal and external events
- Ensure the smooth running of a professional and busy consultancy office
Prior experience is essential, and Business or Business Administration study is advantageous. Role specific training will be provided but we welcome your experience and knowledge to our team.
- A natural leader who can bring people together to achieve great things
- Someone who can challenge the status quo and a passion for business improvement
- A winning personality: proactive, friendly, approachable and professional
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive)
- Ability to pick up processes and systems quickly
- Well organised and strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Switched on and calm under pressure
- Willingness to help out the team where necessary, adaptable, with a conscientious attitude
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people and personalities
- Previous experience in similar administrative and reception roles would be an advantage but not a necessity
You will enjoy this role if you are naturally organised, process orientated and a great multitasking who likes being busy and keep calm when the pressure is on.
People experience is a must – we need someone who knows how to bring a team together and motivate them to strive for excellence in their work. We seek a highly motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude, who will be focused on delivering exceptional business support. To be successful in this role you will be polished, detailed oriented, can take direction and multi task along with intermediate to advanced Microsoft office skills, ability to pick up new systems quickly, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the drive to learn more and provide a high level of service
You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the administrative expertise and self-direction to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
- A background and proven track record in providing a high standard of in administration and customer service
- Effective team leadership including motivating and managing service delivery and experience in people leadership
- Advanced Microsoft Skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams & OneDrive
- Energetic and positive attitude
- You love a good process or system, being organised and helping others to be organised
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail with top level English and grammar and are able to interact positively and warmly with people
- You know how to juggle priorities, enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team
- A strong customer focus and excellent relationship development skills
- A high degree of self-confidence and self-motivation, to be open-minded, enquiring and enabling of change
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to communicating with internal and external clients
- A high degree of integrity and commitment
- A history of goal achievement
- Love working with people, growing their skills and helping them succeed
- Enjoy a challenge and the success that comes from working together as a team
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on 'apply'.