|Geotechnical Engineer, Napier|
BE PART OF IT.
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Needed is a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Napier office. You will provide consultancy services to our clients in the areas of Geotechnical Engineering and Civil Engineering. In particular, the successful candidate will complete site investigations, analysis, reporting, design, and construction observations for a wide array of leading civil and environmental infrastructure projects, including buildings, bridges, roading, water and wastewater, power and land development projects. If you are a natural collaborator and enjoy working in a supportive team environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team. Our organisation offers great opportunities for career progression, mentoring and we support ongoing career development.
You will join an experienced team in a city that offers a great lifestyle, great weather, excellent cost of living with work life balance. It is an area with rich art deco history, great schools, some of the best wineries in the country, great restaurants and coffee places in conjunction with an abundance of activities year-around, ranging from skiing, tramping, fishing, mountain biking and an amazing network of local cycle paths to explore.
• Provide assistance to clients in the preparation of design briefs for projects including preliminary programming and estimates
• The preparation of fee estimates, methodology and schedules to ensure that projects operate on a profitable basis, with appropriate technical content and timeliness.
• Planning and execution of geotechnical site investigations.
• Geotechnical analysis and design of civil engineering works.
• Construction management of civil engineering works.
• Production of technical reports and construction documents (e.g. specifications and drawings).
You will have:
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 1 years’ professional experience in civil engineering, predominantly the geotechnical field
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
Would you like to apply to this job?