BE PART OF OUR COLLABORATIVE TEAM. BE PART OF IT.
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. Our team of global experts aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create resilient, future-ready communities.
Building a progressive and supportive environment, which enables our talented people to future-proof their potential, is a priority that is fundamental to our success. Ultimately, we aspire to ensure that every employee feels a strong sense of belonging and has the opportunity to affect their own impact.
You will be based in our established Stormwater team in Auckland.
Your role will be to carry out design and technical advisory work for a range of external and internal clients, thereby contributing to the success of the business unit in meeting its business plan. You will promote a high level of communication within and across organisational boundaries for the benefit of clients, staff and projects.
- Carry out investigations, analysis and consulting services for clients on assigned projects including preparing reports and other documents.
- Undertake research, feasibility studies, design and reporting as directed, suitable for client presentation. Also, producing calculations and drawings suitable for the preparation of contract documentation.
- Undertake construction supervision and contract administration as required to company and standard procedures.
- Undertake appropriate verification of projects and provide peer review of team members’ work as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of stormwater and water sensitive design, and assist in marketing of these services to clients.
- Prepare, manage and execute projects to a high level, including preparing and implementation of contract documentation, specifications, schedules and project estimates.
- Contribute to the competency of others by coaching and mentoring, helping them to reach their full potential, with the objective of creating a cohesive, competent and fun team.
- Take a lead role in mentoring of junior staff and assisting them in the development of their skills.
- Take a lead role in the business development of the water sector for the Auckland office, the wider Water Business and supporting overseas offices as required.
- Contribute to and at times lead the WSP Opus team to discover innovations for the benefit of clients and WSP Opus. Assist the team to “work smarter” to gain greater efficiencies and better project outcomes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant degree in engineering with specialisation in hydraulics
- CPEng, or working towards
- You will have a minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in water resources and environmental engineering.
- Experience in at least some of the following:
- catchment management planning
- water sensitive/green infrastructure design, stormwater reticulation design, detention and treatment design, culvert design, open channel design
- stream restoration and enhancement design and construction
- hydraulic modelling.
Be part of the collaboration and be part of it.
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.