|Senior Cost Estimator|
|Projects & Contract Management|
At WSP Opus it’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Our collective strength allows us to think globally while acting locally to deliver iconic projects. It is our people who make this possible.
We are looking for a Senior Cost Estimator to join our Hamilton team where you will provide specialist cost estimation and risk management support in the Cost Estimation and Risk Team at a senior level, reporting into the Cost Estimation and Risk Team Leader.
• Work closely with our Project Directors, Project Managers and Design Managers to help drive the emphasis on project performance and technical excellence to ensure clients’ requirements are a key focus of the business.
• Provide guidance, awareness and training to team members.
• Contribute to the success of our business in meeting its business and strategic objectives by providing appropriate technical advice and ensuring effective management of clients, junior staff and projects.
• Participate in business development, business and strategic planning for the team.
• Conduct robust cost estimates of projects.
• Lead reviews of cost estimates on a range of projects across the business to ensure that our deliverables are robust.
• Provide input into the development and implementation of robust cost control processes.
• Conduct Monte Carlo-based risk simulations.
• Assist in the development of cost estimation tools and pro formas for accurate and effective project cost estimates, and cost estimates of professional fee proposals.
• Provide expert advice on cost management, incorporating opportunity assessment techniques including qualitative risk assessment.
• Work with clients and project teams to develop risk analysis frameworks for cost control.
• Assist in the preparation of clear risk registers/profiles and reports, including risk forecasting, modelling and segmentation to make recommendations on risk management.
• Assist in the facilitation of risk workshops.
• Prepare, implement and maintain multi-layered treatment plans.
• Develop complex loss scenarios based on experience and conditions observed on site.
• Effectively plan projects, and assist project managers, to correctly scope their projects with appropriate inputs, outputs, implementation activities, verification and technical review.
• Provide innovative solutions with flair, economy and excellence.
• Undertake and/or arrange appropriate technical review and verification of work.
• Ensure technical innovation is driven through projects.
• Ensure there is appropriate and effective relationship management for key clients. Obtain a clear understanding of their business and solutions required to meet both their immediate and future needs and ensure this aligns with the wider business..
• Management of overall input deliverables into significant projects.
• A tertiary qualification in civil engineering.
• Registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand, or equivalent registration with a recognised overseas body.
• Current Drivers Licence.
• 10 years’ professional experience in roles encompassing cost estimation and risk management preferably with some degree of project/task management.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written communication and particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences.
• Computer literate; proficient in Windows 2000 or later, MS Word/Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Results orientated, with a reputation for, and demonstrated achievement of, key strategic priorities.
• Able to work effectively and competently with people at all levels; within and external to the organisation.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity, where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
For more info reach out to Brooke for a confidential chat on +64 27 221 5294
Would you like to apply to this job?