|Safety Engineer - Tauranga|
|Transport Infrastructure and Road Safety|
|Road Safety & Traffic Engineering|
BE PART OF IT.
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity, where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers. Needed is a Safety Engineer to join our thriving Tauranga Business.
The successful candidate will manage the safety aspects of the road or highway assets, project manage and deliver transportation projects locally and regionally. You will contribute to the strategic approach to highway and road safety management and work collaboratively with the wider regional and Sector Transportation teams. You will also provide support to the Work Group Manager Transportation and Design, and actively contribute to identifying and managing all road and highway safety issues.
• Be responsible for the production and updating of relevant strategic and guidance safety documentation (e.g. Safety Management Strategies safety plans, SIS, etc.)
• Be responsible for the timely completion of safety inspections and all reporting.
• Lead and promote safety in design activities within project teams.
• Complete Crash Reduction Studies and safety audits.
• Manage databases, data sources and/or information relating to safety management.
• Identify future works justified by road safety benefits.
Oversee minor safety project process and progress.
You will have:
• Degree qualified or similar equivalent in an area related to civil engineering or safety.
• Actively working towards chartership status
• Current Drivers Licence
• 5 years + consultancy experience
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
Would you like to apply to this job?