|Senior GIS Specialist - Wellington|
|Geotechnics & Tunnels|
BE PART OF IT.
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Needed is a Senior GIS Analyst to join our successful Wellington team. The successful candidate will provide GIS support to project teams and clients in the areas of transport, water, buildings, environmental and power. You will be an active member of your local team, particularly providing GIS support to a large number of engineering teams across New Zealand.
• Provide input into business development and project delivery
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate technical standards, legislation, codes of practice and New Zealand standards.
• Gather spatial data for a variety of resilience and other projects, construct and manage database, analyse data to provide the required outputs.
• Use programming to generate the required spatial outputs and where necessary present data through web portals.
• Produce spatial maps using best practice cartography and advice on the best solution for displaying and presenting spatial information.
• Track industry trends and best practice and standards in GIS, share ideas with the GIS team and help the organisation apply innovation in the performance of projects.
You will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or Geography with GIS papers.
• 5+ years GIS experience
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Experience in working with 3-dimensional data and producing 3D maps and models. Experience in using CAD is desirable.
• Post graduate qualification or knowledge of engineering disciplines
• Aptitude for working across different platforms and spatial formats.
• Experience in python scripting.
• Experience in FME and other ETL tools.
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
Would you like to apply to this job?