Great infrastructure starts with great people
The Design Centre Regions (DCR) is one of WSP Opus' 3 main design centres in New Zealand. We manage some of the nations most significant transportation contracts, playing a critical role in ensuring our roads are safely operated and maintained, driving the quality and consistency we have come to expect.
We are now looking to bolster our team capabilities and have an opportunity for an experienced Transportation Safety Engineer to join our growing Whangarei office. As part of the Transportation Asset Management (TAM) team, you'll play a critical role for Opus supporting Fulton Hogan in the delivery of the Network Outcomes Contract to the Transport Agency. You'll enjoy a variety of interesting work, undertaking a wide range of traffic safety engineering activities and business development.
- Be involved with a technically diverse range of projects and contribute to the successful project delivery within a multidisciplinary environment
- Broad range of traffic engineering and safety tasks, including assessment, design, evaluation, and reporting.
- Work and grow alongside a leading team of experts to deliver cutting-edge solutions for our clients
- Development opportunities to suit your individual strengths or aspirations
You will have:
With a huge amount of investment coming into roading infrastructure in Whangarei, the city is being viewed as an ideal place to grow and develop professionally, whilst enjoying a good lifestyle balance. Whangarei is the gateway to the Northland region, offering beautiful bush and beaches, rich culture and arts scenes, a growing business community and sport and recreation opportunities abound.
- A tertiary civil engineering qualification, ideally with CPEng or equivalent
- 8 years'+ professional experience in civil engineering with a safety and network management background
- Experience utilising the Transport Agency systems such as CAS, SWIPP is essential
- Level 1 STMS essential, Level 2/3 non-practicing STMS is desirable
- Strong organisational ability and results orientation
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on 'apply'.